We’ve also included 12 Eternal Ground Prayer Directives taken from Terry Bennett’s book, Within the Circle of the Throne. Scriptures added.
1. That God’s eternal purpose would be realized in a people with His wisdom and life. Romans 8:29, 1st Cor. 3:19
2. That we would allow ourselves to be made ready, through Him, and would make ourselves ready as well. Rev. 19:7
3. That a vessel from the nations would arise, coming out fully to His eternal goal and high heavenly calling. Rev. 1:13-20
4. That the Holy Spirit would be newly embraced for the true purpose of which He has been given. The child trainer for the people of God! John 16:13
5. That God’s full thought, the mind of Christ, would be “inwardly”, (internal not external), wrought in a new order priesthood. (The priesthood is us). Rev. 1:6
6. That Christ would become all and all to us, that the priority of first love unto Jesus would be an ever present living, daily, internal reality. Eph. 3:16-21
7. The Lamb would receive and be joined to the humanity of His kind, she who has become one with His heart. John 17:13:23
8. That the government of Christ would be truly embraced both within the church, every member, and among the church. Eph. 2:19-22, Eph. 4:13-16
9. That His people would embrace the purpose to “become” and exact representation of Christ both now and eternally. Romans 8:29, John 14:9. John 17:11&21, John 10:30
10. That we would be seated with Him on heavenly ground, with heavenly purpose, offering heavenly sacrifices, displaying heavenly life in increasing fullness and continuously pressing forward to our heavenly calling. Eph. 2:6-7&10, Eph. 3:19, Col 1:19 & 2:9. God is looking for a people who will allow His fullness, the fullness of Christ to possess them.
11. That His royal, priestly possession would indeed show forth HIs excellencies in this earth and in the heavens. Eph. 1:17-23, Eph. 3:10-11. God’s eternal desire is to show forth His manifold wisdom in the earth, who He truly is, through His people, His Church.
12. That His great eternal wisdom, God’s plan would no longer be a mystery, but an unveiled high calling among His body. Eph. 1:9-10. The mystery is God made into a man, named Jesus, who came to inhabit His people, to possess them in His fullness demonstrated on earth.
When we learn to pray the scriptures it will bring us right into heavenly thought and purpose. Right into the heavenly ground into His divine order. If we will continue in that kind of prayer the heavens will be opened up to us. Praying the scriptures keeps us in His will, His purpose, His thought, His plan and keeps us from getting out in the plane of flesh and man-made ideas that produce no fruit. Praying in tongues per Romans 8:26-28 will also ground us in His heavenly thought and intent.
We bow before You in complete submission, complete dedication, complete surrender, complete dedication, complete yielding. We give ourselves over to You to be living sacrifices expressing our true spiritual worship. We are Yours, Oh Lord, We are Yours! Write Your name upon our forehead, and write the name of Your Father upon our forehead. Write the name of Your new heavenly Jerusalem city upon our foreheads, the city we are meant to “be”, not just inhabit. We ask for that, and we would be possessed of You. Christ possess me! Christ take control of me! Christ come in be my life. I would be possessed by Your life, by Your Will, by Your Way, and by Your Truth, Amen. Malachi 3:16-18, Rev. 3:12